Saturday 3 August 2013

Introduction

Hello and welcome to this blog presentation. My name is Jaimee Martens and I am an Occupational therapy student completing my final year of the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy Degree. This blog will provide a professional development opportunity for you the reader, my peers and potential colleagues. It will also present an aspect of my learning and which I am passionate about.

The topic that this blog will cover is :

 The benefits of hippotherapy for children with cerebral palsy and how hippotherapy can be used in occupational therapy.

 This blog intends to explore the benefits that hippotherapy has for children with cerebral palsy. Hippotherapy can be used in occupational therapy as an intervention and this will be explored in my blog.

 This marks the start of my expedition through making a blog that focuses on hippotherapy and the positive effects that a horse can have on someone with cerebral palsy.  Having been an avid horse lover all my life and now being a keen rider for many years, I wanted to learn and explore more in depth what potentially a horse can do to help others. I remember hearing through the years about hippotherapy and horses having a positive effect on people with disabilities, so now is the time to find out more! I have not personally seen an occupational therapist using this type of therapy but have experienced how a horse can help someone heal and lift your spirits when you are feeling low.

 
Objectives within this blog:

·         Blog entry Two: Definitions

·         Blog entry Three: History of hippotherapy

·         Blog entry Four: Evidence & Research

·         Blog entry Five: Crux of occupational therapy practice

·         Blog entry Six: My professional development & reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment